Last updated: 25 May 2018
Welcome to The Luxe Company. This policy explains how we handle and use your personal information and your rights in relation to that information. Under the GDPR of May 2018, The Luxe Trading Company Limited is the controller of that information.
The Luxe Trading Company Limited (“The Luxe Company”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy describes the way we handle and use the personal information that we obtain from all the different interactions you may have with us as a business, including when you visit our stores, social media pages or website currently located at www.theluxecompany.co.uk or when you contact us.
The Luxe Trading Company Limited is the controller in relation to the processing activities described below. This means that The Luxe Trading Company Limited decides why and how your personal information is processed. Please see the section at the end of this policy for our contact and legal information.
This policy was last updated on the date that appears at the top of this page.
2. Personal information we collect about you
We receive personal information about you that you give to us, that we collect from your visits to our stores, Site, and social media pages and that we obtain from other sources. We only collect personal information which we need and that is relevant for the purposes for which we intend to use it.
Information that we collect about you – in store, online, by phone, social media, and email
- your name, title and contact details (email address, telephone number, postal address);
- any information you include in correspondence you send to us or in forms you submit to us at our stores or when using our Site or social media pages;
- details of your orders and purchases;
- your marketing preferences
- the opinions and other information you provide when responding to customer surveys and product reviews
- any personal information included in your entries to competitions that we run;
- your identification information when exercising the rights that you have in relation to our processing of your personal information
- details of any transactions between you and us;
- voice recordings of calls you make to our customer service centre and information you give us when you contact us with a query or issue;
- your payment card details and, in relation to certain refunds, your bank account details.
- the frequency of your use of vouchers, shopping codes and gift cards and
When you visit our Site we automatically collect:
- the frequency of your voucher, shopping code usage
- details of your use of our Site, namely traffic data, weblogs and statistical data, including where and when you clicked on certain parts of our Site and details of the webpage from which you visited it
- the date and time you used our Site;
- the pages you visited on our Site and how long you visited us for
- the website address from which you accessed our website
- if we have asked for it, details regarding when and how you consented to receive marketing communications from us (including the time and date you provided your consent);
- cookie, pixels and beacon identification information
3. Use of your personal information
We use your personal information for a variety of reasons. We rely on different legal grounds to process your personal information, depending on the purposes of our use and the risks to your privacy. You will only receive email from us if: (a) we have obtained your contact details in the course of a sale or negotiation for a sale of our products or services and you have not objected to receiving such direct email from us. Of course, we will only use your contact details to send you marketing emails that are based on similar products or services that you purchased from us and you will always have the opportunity to opt out at any time or (b) if you have consented to receiving marketing from us (you can opt-out of receiving them at any time). We do not share your personal information with companies that would send their marketing to you.
We use your personal information in the following ways:
3.1 Where you have provided CONSENT
We may use and process your personal information for the following purposes where you have consented for us to do so:
- to contact you via email, online or by post (as you have indicated) with marketing information about our products, events, product launches, offers and services (see Marketing Communications for further details).
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your information in any of these ways at any time.
3.2 Where necessary to comply with our LEGAL OBLIGATIONS
We will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations:
- to keep a record relating the exercise of any of your rights relating to our processing of your personal information
- to take any actions in relation to health and safety incidents required by law and
- to handle and resolve any complaints we receive relating to the services and products we provide.
3.3 Where necessary for us to pursue a LEGITIMATE INTEREST
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business for the following purposes:
Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns
- for analysis and insight conducted to inform our marketing strategies, and to enhance and your visitor experience;
- to tailor and personalise our marketing communications based on your attributes
- to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us
- to contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other online platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us
- to send you an electronic communication if you have closed your browser with items in your shopping basket or requested information of interest
- to send you electronic marketing information after you have purchased a product or service from us, made a purchasing enquiry or requested information of interest. At the time we first collect your details we will give you a simple way to opt out and object to our using your contact details to send you electronic marketing information and this option will be repeated in every subsequent marketing message we send you. We will only contact you with information about our own similar products and services, which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time
- to identify and record when you have received, opened or engaged with our Site or social media or other electronic communications and
- in some cases we may use automated methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us. We collect and analyse this information in this way so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience to you by tailoring and making relevant all our service and communications.
Processing necessary for us to support you with your enquiries
- to respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us.
Processing necessary for us to respond to changing market conditions and the needs of our Customers
- to analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our Site, social media pages and stores are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it does not identify you personally)
- to undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer;
- for product development purposes.
Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
- to administer our Site, and our social media pages and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, testing, statistical purposes
- for the prevention of fraud and other criminal activities;
- to verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as an account holder or visitor;
- for network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access
- to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- for the purposes of corporate restructure or reorganisation or sale of our business or assets;
- for efficiency, accuracy or other improvements of our databases and systems, for example, by combining systems or consolidating records we hold about you;
- to enforce or protect our contractual or other legal rights or to bring or defend legal proceedings;
- to inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies and
- for other general administration including managing your queries, complaints, or claims, and to send service messages to you.
3.4 Where necessary for us to complete orders and run competitions
We will use your personal information where this is necessary for us to perform our contract with you or to carry out any pre-contract steps you’ve asked us to so that you can enter into that contract, for the following purposes:
- to process your payment card or bank details when taking payment for your orders or when providing a refund
- to process, fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us and deliver your order and
- to run our competitions and promotions that you enter from time to time and to distribute prizes.
3.5 Where processing is in your VITAL INTERESTS
- We will use your personal information where this is in your vital interest to notify you of any product recall issues.
3.6 Marketing communications:
If we have requested your consent and you give your consent, we may use your personal information to contact you by email, online or by post to notify you of special offers, promotions, competitions or new products and services. We try to adapt any marketing material that we send to you for example by notifying you of special offers or promotions that will be of relevance to you, apply to your interests and in your location (we do this by monitoring your browsing and online shopping habits and providing information on products you have viewed and related products). If you do not wish to receive communications from us, please inform us by using the unsubscribe link inside the email, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by changing your profile settings from within your account.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we keep your email address on our suppression list indefinitely to ensure that we comply with your wishes.
4. Disclosure of your personal information by us
We only disclose your personal information outside our business in limited circumstances. If we do, we will put in place a contract that requires recipients to protect your personal information, unless we are legally required to share that information. Any contractors or recipients that work for us will be obliged to follow our instructions. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may disclose your information to our third party service providers, agents and subcontractors (Suppliers) for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf, including the operation and maintenance of our Site, and social media pages.
When we use Suppliers, we only disclose to them any personal information that is necessary for them to provide their services and only where we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
5. Transfers of your personal information outside of Europe
We do not transfer your personal information outside of Europe. If we do so in the future, we’ll let you know and take measures to protect your personal information.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers which are located within the European Economic Area (EEA).
If at any time we transfer your personal information to, or store it in, countries located outside of the EEA (for example, if our hosting services provider changes) we will amend this policy and notify you of the changes. We will also ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place for that transfer and storage as required by applicable law. This is because some countries outside of the EEA do not have adequate data protection laws equivalent to those in the EEA. If we transfer your personal information to the United States of America, we will only send the personal information to companies that participate in the Privacy Shield framework (or such other framework that may replace it from time to time) or for which we have an alternative safeguard in place in accordance with applicable law. Where they apply to our data transfer activities, we may rely on adequacy decisions by the European Commission about certain countries for data transfers to countries outside the EEA.
6. Security and links to other websites
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use a variety of measures based on good industry practice to keep it secure. Nonetheless, transmissions over the internet and to our Site, and our social media pages may not be completely secure, so please exercise caution. When accessing links to other websites, their privacy policies, not ours, will apply to your personal information.
We employ security measures to protect the personal information you provide to us, to prevent access by unauthorised persons and unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage
We use Internet standard encryption technology ("SSL" or "Secure Socket Layer" technology) to encode personal data that you send to us when placing an order through the Site. To check that you are in a secure area of the Site before sending personal information to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do everything possible to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information during its transmission to us online. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we are at fault.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety: When creating a password, we recommend use at least 8 character with a combination of letters and numbers. We recommend you frequently change your password – you can do this by going to “My Account” and clicking “Change name, email or password”. Keep your passwords private. Remember, anyone you knows your password may access your account. Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts. We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from The White Company asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
7. The periods for which we retain your personal information
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. For certain purposes we retain your personal information indefinitely (e.g. to supress marketing messages).
8. Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to certain rights, we may ask you for information to verify your identity and, where applicable, to help us to search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received this information or, where no such information is required, after we have received full details of your request.
Please check this page regularly for changes to this policy.
10. Contact and legal information
You can contact us with your queries in relation to this policy or for any other reason by post, email or by phone.
Please email us at email@example.com or call us on01642 988277 (Monday - Friday 9.00am to 8.00pm, Saturday 9am to 12pm, Sunday 10am to 12pm). You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Luxe Trading Company Limited, registration number is 9900120 and registered office address is 12 Church Lane, Swainby, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL6 3EA